Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Style Crush: Carey Mulligan

In honour of Friday's release of The Great Gatsby, I thought it only fitting that this week's Style Crush should be the beautiful Carey Mulligan.  She's got a quirky yet elegant style when it comes to red carpets and a casual chic street style.



I'm not normally one for mullet dresses, (aptly named since they are shorter in the front and longer in the back) but this one above is absolutely gorgeous.  The detail on the bust and how it scatters down the bodice is so lovely.



I love a good Peter Pan collar-especially when it's jewel-encrusted.



I can't resist adding a photo of Carey as the desirable Daisy Buchanan.  I am beyond excited to see the film for so many reasons.  The fashion is certainly one of them.  I'm normally a 1940s/1950s girl, but the 1920s are certainly starting to worm its way into my heart...and wardrobe.




This photo of Carey from the May issue of Vogue is to die for.  The whole Gatsby photoshoot is swoon-inducing.  (Plus it doesn't hurt that Tom Hiddleston has a spread in the magazine also!)



Her street style reminds me a lot of Michelle Williams and Keira Knightley.  It's got this androgynous quality to it at times (I think the pixie cut adds to that) but she still throws in touches of femininity, such as the floral print below. 




There is something about this coral dress that she wore to a premiere for The Great Gatsby that makes me love it so much.  It's very simple yet utterly perfect-the length, the modified sweetheart neckline...  And those shoes are fantastic!  She's just such a lovely girl.



I love, love, love this black lace dress!  I want one just like it.  Lace has always been a favourite of mine but the sheer panels take the dress from girly and dainty to sexy and alluring.  It's done so tastefully too.  The dress could have easily gone into scandalous territory, but Carey keeps it classy.



Now I leave you with this photo of Daisy at Gatsby's party with Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire).  She is a dream from the bits I've seen of this film.  I can't wait to go to the cinemas, dressed up, and see the full thing.

 


3 comments:

  1. I love Carey Mulligan's style, especially when she had that cute pixie cut it suited her so perfectly! and as for the great gatsby, Im so excited to see it, especially for the fabulous over the top 1920's styles. Its going to be awesome :)
    Xo
    Amie

    [www.the-visible.com]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have impeccable style! And the pixie haircut fits her perfectly. The Great Gatsby was fantastic. Hopefully you get a chance to see it soon.

      Delete
  2. she not all that

    ReplyDelete